March & April
Quickly realized that 50 minute 3D printed face shields nor 2 minute laser shields would meet demand. Challenged ourselves to get shields to under 5 seconds. Designed, developed and started die cutting in 2 days. An incredible force of 50+ volunteers came out to help round the clock till mass manufacturers could retool. Went from no electricity or machines to 5,000 per day capacity in a couple weeks. Shared strategy and designs with makerspaces, organizations, universities and manufactures across the country. As far as we know this was the largest civilian shield initiative in the country.
- 5,000 per day
- Polycarb with brass for infectious desease
- Die Cut & Eyelets
Ventilator & Flow Sensors
Ventilators are in short supply and can't be produced largely due to the industry standard use of scarce relative barometric pressure sensors in the electronics. Hard to monitor quarantened patients remotely. First prototypes are produced.
- Novel approach of 4 x readily available barometric pressure sensors
- Can be manufactured via mill, laser or 3D printer
- NEMA, brushless or windshield wiper motors can be used
- Wireless touch screen designed
Entered first competition. Created 432 watt 28" cubic UVC Sanitation Station configurable to ever expanding dimensions using a tesselated panel design.
- Winner of Veteran Health Affairs Innovation Experiance Award
- Hopefully obilterates virus and bacteria in less than 10 sec vs 5 minutess
- Accepted for trial in 3 VHA Innovation Network Sites
- Testing in Dallas biolab
- Will find a way to airdrop out of C130 someday
Field Triage Case
Transporting long term care patients to ER for triage is over $2,000 per trip. Designed and setup mass manufacturing for forward traige field testing and tele medicine case in a week. Utilized largest case manufacture in the world with 500,000 sq ft facility, plastics manufacturing and forming all in DFW areal.
- Save's over $2k in transportation cost
- Reduces exposure to our Veterans
- Frees up ER departments
- 150 cases a day capacity without tooling up
- Plan to integrate tele medicine electronics and FirstNet data connection into case for continuing care
- Buy in from Pittsburg system
Build Veterans Memorial
Agreed to cut & engrave new Veteran Memorial out of granite and at a reduced cost to brick within a month in time for Veteran's Day
- 5-Axis Granite CNC
- Laser engravings
Emergency Responce Competition
Stay tunned for the most innovative project yet!
- Hint: Solves supply chain issue
Participate in VHA 2 day Innovation Experiance at the National Press Club